Monday, July 7, 2014

RAW!!!!!!! (still not sure about this stuff)

About a week into our lifestyle change, I decided that may we needed to do a RAW diet instead of just doing vegetarian or vegan.  I started looking all over the internet for ideas and I came across this wonderful blog: This Rawsome Vegan Life .  She has tons of raw recipes that look really good and I would love to try some more of them.  She also does juice and/or smoothie cleanses a lot and always posts her recipes for those as well.

I searched through her recipes for a while and came across one that I decided we needed to try.  I will be up front about the fact that I had to order a "spiralizer" in order to do the zucchini pasta the right way.   Spiralizer on Amazon

*I would recommend just cutting the zucchini into noodles or shredding it on a cheese grater for your first try.  Don't spend the money on a specialized gadget until you are sure that you will like doing RAW dishes!

I would love to hear back from anyone who tries this recipe!  My wife and I liked it ok, our 8 year old son devoured it but our 19 year old daughter didn't like it at all.  RAW is definitely not for everyone!

 
Zucchini Spaghetti with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
 


Noodles:
2 large zucchinis 

Sauce:
1 cup dried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil 
Salt, pepper, lemon juice, other spices you like
1/2 cup basil leaves (whole or chopped) 

Note: the tomatoes are gonna need to taste *amazing* before you even add them to the noodles and stuff because they are the star of this recipe, so try to get organic or even better - use your own! 

To make the noodles: slice the zucchinis into noodles on a spiral slicer, mandolin or even cheese grater. Set aside in a large bowl. 

To make the sauce: blend up half the tomatoes into paste then mash up the rest of the tomatoes with the olive oil and the rest of the ingredients and mix everything into your noodles. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and mix again.
 
Eat.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment