Mr Dowg's Easy Fried Rice
4 Tbsp Sesame Oil
6 cups cooked white rice
1 lrg Red Onion, diced
2 cups frozen Peas and Carrots (Jenny!)
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup Low Sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp Kosher Salt (or to taste)
2 tsp Black Pepper
1 package of Extra Firm Tofu, drained, diced and marinated. (see recipe at the bottom)
1. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the sesame oil to the pan.
2. Once the oil is shimmering, add the onions, peas and carrots and saute until tender.
3. Slide the veggies to one side of the pan and use the empty half to fry up the eggs until cooked through. Add the Kosher salt and pepper at this time.
4. Mix the eggs and veggies together in the pan and then add the rice to the pan.
5. Completely mix the ingredients in the pan and then poor over your mixture of soy sauce,sweet chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix completely and then move to a large bowl.
6. Carefully mix in your pan seared tofu so you don't break it all up.
Serve and enjoy!
1. Take your tofu out of the package and put it in a bowl that has a few sheets of paper towels in the bottom. Place a few more paper towels on top and then put something with some weight on top to help force the liquid out of the paper towel. Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
2. While your tofu drains, get a bowl and mix together 2 Tbsp of Sesame Oil, 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce and 2 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce.
3. When the tofu is drained, cut into 1/2 inch cubes and place in the bowl with the marinade. Put the lid on and shake it to fully coat the tofu pieces. Let site for about 30 minutes,
4. Drain tofu and sear in a hot skillet with a couple Tbsp of oil until golden brown and delicious!
This is great in the fried rice but it also can be used in pasta dishes as well.